About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Nothing describes me better than my passion for learning and the zest for fighting battles with myself. The blog here started to put my creative thoughts has been constantly shaping up as I move on and for the better. All of you are welcome to join me on this exciting journey of mine.

Monday, December 29, 2008

The New Year's Resolution

Here goes another year

Carrying with it cheer and despair

Remember how it all began

A celebration of I don’t know what

That midnight cake on the apartment terrace

With a gathering of some unknown faces

Yet everyone seemed so joyful

To usher the New Year in

With resolutions to follow the year through

Honestly I took a few too

And don’t even remember what those were!!

 

Isn’t this an irony?

How copycats can humans be

Though we have our own minds

We think through someone else’s

And let our thoughts shape in the autumn

As kites without strings

Going with the winds.


 

Another new year’s day arrives

But no resolutions for me this time

Everyday will be a new one for me

So will be its resolution

And that too as per what I feel

Not a copycat again!!!!


By.....Siddharth Anand


1 comment:

shreya :) said...

hmm...tryin hard not be labelled as a copycat huh..!a sweet n impressive one...btw..wish u a very happy new year:)